This guide is for the people who are either considering or having a fertility treatment. Infertility affects almost 10% of the women and men of the reproductive age. Infertility is defined as a medical condition which hinders you from getting pregnant even after you have had sex regularly for six months or even an entire year (if you are below 35) without birth control.
The most important thing to note here is that both men and women can have an infertility problem and infertility does not always mean you cannot ever bear a child. If you take proper medical help, you can eventually have a child. Here are few of the reasons that cause infertility in both men and women.
What are the reasons for Infertility in men?
Infertility problems in men arise when there is a problem with sperm such as:
- Blocked sperm ducts
- Abnormal sperm formation
- Low sperm motility meaning your sperms don’t move well
- No sperm or less sperm in your semen
- Temporary drop in sperm count because of an injury to testicles
A drop in sperm count can be because of a variety of reasons such as drug intake, smoking and drinking. Men who are above 40 are naturally less fertile.
What are the reasons for Infertility in women?
Infertility problems in women arise when the ovary doesn’t release an egg and ovulation doesn’t happen. This occurs because of a problem with the fallopian tubes that carry eggs from the ovary to the uterus. Faulty fallopian tubes are a result of:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
Ovulation can also be stopped by damaged cervical mucus which damages the sperm. Other reasons are smoking, overweight and underweight issues. Fertility of women drops after 35 and mostly ends completely around the age of 45.
Diagnosis Tests: It surely creates a lot of tension and anxiety when you have been trying to have a baby since a long time, but the pregnancy doesn’t happen. But this should not lead you to immediate and expensive infertility treatment. It’s imperative to first understand the causes of infertility by way of a thorough examination.
You can make use of the following CupidCare diagnosis test packages:
- Sex Potency Tests for Men: The tests included in this package are FHS, LH, Prolactin, Testosterone (total), Semen Analysis and Basic STD (optional). This package costs INR 2500.
- Pre-Marital Check-up: You can make use of this package before tying the knot to ensure you both are fertile enough to bear a child. The tests included in this package are Testosterone (free), Semen analysis, FSH, LH and Consultation with CupidCare Specialist. This package costs INR 3600.
If you are trying to have a baby but facing a difficulty getting pregnant, then you need to talk to our broad spectrum of doctors and find out what your next step should be regarding the same.
There is a wide array of treatments available for Infertility. Some of them are Tubal Ligation Reversal, Assisted Reproduction, Tubal Cannulation, Fertility drugs, Laparoscopic surgery, Artificial Insemination, In Vitro Fertilization, treating PCOS and others.